Based on the decision of the Government of the Slovak Republic on privatization of company Slovenské elektrárne, a.s., decisions of the National Property Fund and after fulfilling all conditions, the contracts and permits, based on which company GovCo, a.s. took over responsibility for the completion of operation of the V1 nuclear power plant, decommissioning of nuclear facilities, management of radioactive waste and spent nuclear fuel, became effective on the 1st of April 2006.
Following the decision of the company´s sole shareholder, which is the Ministry of Economy of the Slovak Republic, the business name of the company was changed to Jadrová a vyraďovacia spoločnosť, a.s. (JAVYS, a.s./Nuclear and Decommissioning Company) in August 2006 and it operates under this name to this day.
At present, Jadrová a vyraďovacia spoločnosť, a.s. (Nuclear and Decommissioning Company) has an irreplaceable role in the area of the back end of nuclear cycle. It provides all activities at a high professional and technical level, thanks to which Slovakia actually ranks among the developed countries of the European Union in this demanding and highly professional area.
In 2020, company JAVYS, a.s.:
- Continuously decommissions the A1 and V1 nuclear power plants
- Increases the capacity of RAW processing facilities
- Manages the spent nuclear fuel
- Manages the institutional RAW and radioactive materials of unknown origin
- It has professionally competent staff
- The emphasis is on safety in all activities and on environmental protection
- Implements services for customers from the external environment
- Exercises shareholder rights in company JESS, a.s.
- Intensely communicates with regions and their representatives
- Maintains and increases the financial prosperity and economic stability of the company
Currently, when the management of company JAVYS, a.s., is making every effort and adopting measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus among JAVYS employees and employees of Contractors implementing activities in our workplaces, in the spirit of our motto "Together we can do it", it is up to each of us to contribute and show unity so that the company can overcome this difficult period.
Mgr. Miriam Žiaková